Engagement Manager (WFH)
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are hiring an Engagement Manager to lead AWS consultants, partners, and customer teams throughout all phases of AWS Professional Services engagements.
As an Engagement Manager, you:
- Embody Amazon Leadership Principles and draw on relationship management and technology acumen to lead AWS Professional Services teams to success
- Accelerate customers’ business outcomes and are responsible for overall successful delivery of value-add and enablement services on the AWS cloud
- Help customers make decisions to meet their technical and business objectives by providing best practices and bringing access to product, service, and training teams to drive innovation
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs. This is a customer-facing role. You may be required to travel to customer locations to deliver professional services when needed when travel resumes.
Key job responsibilities
Engagement Managers integrate Delivery Excellence, Stakeholder Management, and Critical Thinking into their everyday responsibilities and work collaboratively across the entire AWS organization.
- Collaborate with AWS sales, training, and support teams to understand our customers’ needs, their business outcomes aligned to success criteria, and to ensure that we exceed delivery expectations
- Plan, organize, and manage all phases of the project lifecycle including: developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, project milestones, and budgets
- Lead teams to achieve outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, dependencies, and action items
- Guide AWS team members, customer stakeholders/SMEs, and third-party vendors to achieve project goals while understanding the customer environment and any limitations to execution
- Hold internal and external teams accountable, redirect when needed, and manage customer expectations throughout engagements
- Work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and proactively ensures teams meet or exceed customer expectations
- Results-oriented, organized, prioritizes work activities, and able to be self-directed and work independently in a global team environment
- Build relationships with customer and internal AWS stakeholders consisting of senior leadership teams and SMEs
- Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals/organizations involved in delivery
- Understand the operating styles and dynamics of the team/customer and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and achieve results through others who are not direct reports
- Outstanding written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with team members and audiences of all levels
- Foster an inclusive and diverse work environment
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and business plans with limited guidance
- Ability to apply business and financial acumen to achieve measurable business results for customer success
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness
- Support and influence the sales lifecycle by engaging clients in defining next phases of cloud projects as appropriate to meet customer needs
- Participate in practice development by contributing to the development of knowledge sharing artifacts
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- External customer facing experience, interfacing with executive stakeholders, and leading delivery of large transformation programs
- Demonstrated experience leveraging project management frameworks, including agile methodologies, and being able to apply them across large and complex enterprise programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, or STEM (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, etc.)
- Experience delivering and collaborating with third-party vendors
- Experience in cloud, software, or emerging technologies
- Understanding of cloud technology principles relevant to business applications and consumer-facing technology
- AWS experience and active project management certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.