Flavorite Hydroponic Tomatoes
Full Job Description
A great opportunity in the horticulture industry working in a glasshouse!
- Positions available for an immediate start – long-term and short-term roles
- Great culture with a company that focuses on safety
- Multiple positions available
About the Organisation
Flavorite is one of Australia’s largest glasshouse producers of fresh fruit and vegetables. Flavorite grows, market, distribute and supply premium fresh produce which is full of flavor both nationally and internationally. The driving force behind the Flavorite story is our people.
Our team continues to push the boundaries in the agricultural space and innovate to ensure we produce the best-tasting produce all year round whilst minimizing our impact on the environment. Join us in creating a healthy and sustainable tomorrow. We have a strong culture that is underpinned by our family values and a thirst for continuous improvement. Our workforce is diverse and our technical capabilities are best in class within the agricultural industry.
We are about to enter our busy season and are looking for pickers and crop workers to join our team!
We offer an hourly rate of pay plus an incentive bonus! You could earn up to $34 per hour.
Located in the picturesque town of Mansfield, Favorite Mansfield is looking for casual staff to fill a number of picking, packing, and crop care positions.
About the Opportunity
Favorite is rapidly growing and we are looking for enthusiastic people to join our Crop Work Care and Production Team.
Crop Care Duties will involve:
- Truss Pruning – Selecting the best fruit to achieve optimal truss production
- Twisting – Training the plants to grow up the string supports
- Layering – Lowering the plants for picking and de-leafing
- De-leafing – Removing leaves to improve the growth of the plants and to make the next harvesting truss visible.
Picking Duties will involve:
- Picking fruit to meet KPIs and quality requirements
- Follow all farm and production hygiene protocols
- Operation of bull-to-cart picking trolleys
- Operation of gantry system in the capsicum crop
Packing Duties will involve:
- Packing fruit to meet KPIs
- Packing fruit to quality requirements
- Other tasks as required
The successful applicants:
- Have a well-built work ethic and reliability
- Demonstrate strong teamwork abilities
- Be self-motivated
- Able to follow instruction
Why join us
- We love to share our knowledge and develop our team to offer a long-term career
- Our business is rapidly expanding
- We have a great culture and a friendly team
- We offer a performance bonus all year for these roles
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.