Full Job Description
- A hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated person to act as school caretaker
- Ensuring the security and integrity of the School building at all times
- Opening and closing, unlocking and locking of school gates and buildings
- Responding to out of hour alarm activations and liaising with the police and
alarm company as appropriate.
- Register as main Key Holder and be the first point of contact in an emergency callout situation
- You may be called out at unsociable hours or at weekends to deal with security
problems, make emergency repairs or allow access to any contractor who may be working on the site, in school holidays or weekends.
Planned /Reactive Maintenance
- PPM Completion including all statutory and mandatory tasks
- Attend to all reactive building issues in the first instance, making safe where necessary.
- Managing sub-contractors who attend site, including checking works.
- Carrying out minor repairs to property, fixtures, fittings and equipment, which are not beyond the scope of an unskilled handyman.
- General upkeep of the School (including but not limited to:)
- Minor plumbing
- Some carpentry works
- General building services
- Litter picking, sweep yards, pick up litter and be responsible for the removal of all debris from paths, play areas, grassed areas, flowerbeds and all entrances.
- To empty internal communal rubbish bins daily and work with pupils and staff on recycling initiatives.
- General porterage duties
- Room setups and preparation of areas for functions as required
- Make safe any hazards and ensure that the area is cordoned off
- Keep paths, entrances free of ice and snow to ensure the safety of children, parents, staff and visitors.
What we are looking for
- Local person, may suit retired person. 4 hours per day to work at Pinfold Primary School. Preferable with building serivces experience or experience of working in a school, would also consider a candidate with good DIY skills.
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.